Bulgarian Police Bust 'Amateur' Wannabe Kidnappers
Bulgarian police have arrest three men described by Interior Minister Tsvetan Tsvetanov as "amateurs" plotting the kidnapping of a businessman's son.
The three men were arrested in a special police operation overnight, Bulgarian's Interior chief announced Friday morning.
He revealed that as the police were observing the wannabe gangsters over the past month, the latter equipped a rented garage with a mattress, and procured police accessories.
"They were hoping to get BGN 100 000 in ransom in just 24 hours. They were plotting their first abduction, and wanted to make quick money," Tsvetanov told the Bulgarian National Television.
In his words, the arrested men had an "amateur approach", and their gang was "neutralized" early on.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » 1 Tonne of Cocaine destined for Bulgaria was seized in Colombia
- » Bulgarian Prosecution accuses GDFOC of Unprecedented Pressure on the “Hemus” Investigation
- » Double Homicide in Varna
- » A 17-year-old Bulgarian was Killed in a Shootout in Copenhagen
- » "Information Service" for Green Certificates: We Repelled the biggest Cyber Attack in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Traffic Police Caught 30 Migrants on Trakia Highway near Sliven