Bulgarian Police Bust 'Amateur' Wannabe Kidnappers
Bulgarian police have arrest three men described by Interior Minister Tsvetan Tsvetanov as "amateurs" plotting the kidnapping of a businessman's son.
The three men were arrested in a special police operation overnight, Bulgarian's Interior chief announced Friday morning.
He revealed that as the police were observing the wannabe gangsters over the past month, the latter equipped a rented garage with a mattress, and procured police accessories.
"They were hoping to get BGN 100 000 in ransom in just 24 hours. They were plotting their first abduction, and wanted to make quick money," Tsvetanov told the Bulgarian National Television.
In his words, the arrested men had an "amateur approach", and their gang was "neutralized" early on.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bank Robbery in Bulgaria's City Sandanski
- » Deputy Speaker of the 44th Bulgarian National Assembly and The Leader of "VOLYA" Party Veselin Mareshki Sentenced to 4 Years in Prison
- » Bulgarian Police Department: Six People Detained at the Protest Today
- » Police Operations in Several Places in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria: Police Investigation Into Deaths of a Brother and Sister Near Sofia
- » Bulgaria: A Scottish Man Killed in the Capital's Dragalevtsi District