Bulgaria Asks Russia to Amend 1986 Gas Transit Deal
Bulgaria's government seeks talks with Russia on amending a gas transit agreement from 1986.
According to the government's press office, the agreement concerns the transit of Russian natural gas for Turkey and Greece via Bulgarian territory.
Bulgaria's Council of Ministers has extended an invitation to the Russian government for amending an article of the agreement which runs against EU law.
Bulgaria will unilaterally terminate the agreement on January 1, 2017 if the two sides fail to reach an agreement by then.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria has Paid almost 400 Million Euros for the Import of Azeri Gas
- » Bulgaria approved a Derogation for the Purchase of Parts and Materials for the Kozloduy NPP from Russia
- » Bulgaria has Managed to Reduce Gas Demand by a record 24%
- » "Bulgargaz" offers Cheaper Gas for April and May
- » The State Oil Company of Azerbaijan will Open an Office in Bulgaria in May
- » Bulgaria’s Energy Minister: I changed the Management of Kozloduy NPP because of Potential Connections with Russia