Oklahoma Teen Plots Mass Murder on Day of Newtown Attack
A student has been arrested in Oklahoma, US, on suspicions he has plotted an explosion and shooting of schoolmates on the same day a gunman killed 26 children and adults in an elementary school in Connecticut.
Police in the town of Bartlesville arrested 18-year-old Sammie Eaglebear Chavez at about 4:30 a.m. Friday after receiving a tipoff about the alleged plot.
Chavez, a student at Bartlesville High School, allegedly tried to convince other students to help him lure schoolmates into the auditorium, chain the doors shut and start shooting. According to local authorities, he threatened to kill those who refused to help and planned to detonate bombs at the doors as police arrived.
It remains unclear how Chavez got possession of explosives and guns. The plot was not in any way connected to the Connecticut shooting spree, the investigators say. The suspect is being held on a USD 1 M bond.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » The UN awarded Merkel for accepting more than 1 Million Refugees
- » By Decree: Zelensky Forbade Negotiations with Putin
- » Hungary, Austria and Serbia are expanding their Cooperation in the fight against Illegal Migration
- » Day 223 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Russians Continue to Retreat from “Annexed” Territories
- » Japan urges Residents to take Shelter as North Korea fires Missile
- » Montenegro has the Cheapest Fuel in the Balkans