5 Illegal Immigrants Detained at Bulgarian-Turkish Border
Five illegal immigrants were detained Saturday morning at the Kapitan Andreevo border crossing on the Bulgarian-Turkish border.
According to reports of the Interior Ministry, an inspection with a gas analyzer of an Iveko truck found three men hidden in the trailer of an Iveco truck.
The inspection was conducted by border police at around 6 a.m. on Saturday.
The three men were Palestinian nationals carrying Syrian ID cards.
The illegal immigrants and the driver were detained at the Border Police Department in Svilengrad.
Earlier the same day, around half an hour after midnight, border police at Kapitan Andreevo found two men hidden in a Mercedes truck travelling from Turkey to Germany.
The illegal immigrants were detected using a gas analyzer.
The two had no ID papers but said they were Afghanistan nationals.
The two illegal immigrants and the driver of the truck, a 52-year-old Turkish national, were detained at the Border Police Department in Svilengrad.
Work on the cases continues, according to the press office of Bulgaria's Interior Ministry.
- » Convicted of Rape and Thefts Escaped from the Prison in Lovech
- » French Customs Officers Detained Cannabis for EUR 4 Million from a Bulgarian Truck
- » Shooting in Malmö, Five Injured
- » Two People Threatened a MP from the Bulgarian Socialist Party with a Gun
- » A Hungarian Court Sentenced Three Bulgarians for Human Trafficking
- » 8 Bulgarians Raped a 13-year-old Girl in Germany