Code Orange over Severe Cold Declared for W Bulgaria
Bulgaria's national weather service has declared code orange over extremely cold weather expected Friday in the western Kyustendil and Pernik regions.
Code yellow for potentially dangerous weather has been called for 14 more regions in Bulgaria's west, center and north-east.
Bulgaria's Nationa Institute of Meteorology and Hydrology forecasts a very cold Friday morning, with lows in the range -10-15 C, reaching to -18-22 C at some locations.
The weather is expected to be milder along the Black Sea coast, with expected lows around -6 C.
Fogs are expected along the Danube river and smaller valleys, where temperatures will remain biting for the entire day.
Four temperature records were registered Thursday morning by Bulgaria's national weather service, as a cold wave gripped the country.
The coldest location and one of the temperature records is the western city of Kyustendil with -19 degrees Centigrate, said the National Institute of Meteorology and Hydrology.
The other three records were registered at the central town of Kazanlak (-14.8 C), south-western city of Blagoevgrad (-13.5 C), and north-western city of Montana (-11.8 C).
The situation in north-eastern Bulgaria has remained complicated due to low temperatures, snow drifts and ice, with some roads impassible.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Windy and Cloudy with Max Temp Between 7°C and 12°C
- » Due to the Snow: Complicated Traffic Situation in Sofia
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Snowfall will Gradually Decrease in Western Bulgaria, Max Temp 3°-8°C
- » Hurricane Wind with Speed of 100 km/h, Hail and Fallen Trees in Bulgarian Town of Sliven
- » Bulgaria: Challenging Weather in the Next 48 hours
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Rain will Continue all over the Country, Temperatures will be Low