'Spineful' Bulgarian Position on Macedonia (and EU) At Last!
I couldn't believe it when PM Borisov and President Plevneliev negotiated Bulgaria's first policy towards Macedonia since Ivan Kostov that isn't spineless:
Bulgaria declared itself against setting a date for Macedonia's EU accession talks.
Under Borisov, too, Bulgaria has a geopolitical midget's foreign policy so my surprise is understandable.
And towards Macedonia, Bulgaria's policy has been totally spineless, except in 1992 and 1999-2001.
It boils down to tossing food in order to pet the neighbor's dog who keeps biting you and pooping systematically in your frontyard.
Patriotic Bulgarians' arguments that firmer policies towards Macedonia would be counterproductive as they'd boost the Macedonianist regime are pointless: it's spewing anti-Bulgarian propaganda ANYWAY.
Halfheartedly wooing those who used to be part of the Bulgarian nation has no evidence of success.
Bulgaria now has a relatively sensible position towards Macedonianism (Macedonian nationalism):
1)Macedonians, or however they wish to be called, have a place in the EU;
2)Macedonianism, a product of Stalinism based on aggression, hate, and colossal historical falsifications, can't get in the EU in any form!
If we let it in, that'll be a blow to European values, and a justification for monstrous crimes against the Bulgarian nation that's already part of Europe.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » 2023 Local Elections in Albania: Choice between Drug Cartels and/or Parliamentary Republic?
- » 2023 Türkiye: Most Important Elections on the 100th anniversary of Establishment of the Republic
- » 2023 Kosovo: Could the Serb Community permanently Cut Ties with authorities in Pristina?
- » America's New Global Role: The Observer
- » 2023: Iran at the Doorstep of the Nuclear Club?
- » 2023 Serbia - Kosovo: Normalization of Relations – Imperative