Supreme Court Upholds Suspended Sentence for Ex Sofia Prosecutor
Bulgaria's Supreme Court of Cassation (VKS) has upheld the one-year suspended sentence with 3 months of probation of Slavcho Karzhev, former head of the Sofia Regional Prosecutor's Office.
Karzhev was charged with malfeasance in office and was declared guilty by the courts of first and second instance, according to reports of private TV station bTV.
He was accused of pressuring Petyo Petrov, his subordinate, into returning a vehicle which had been the subject of an ownership dispute.
Karzhev was acquitted on charges of exceeding his authority as regional prosecutor on two occasions, persuading the parties to civil actions to reach plea agreement.
The decision of VKS is final and cannot be appealed.
- » Convicted of Rape and Thefts Escaped from the Prison in Lovech
- » French Customs Officers Detained Cannabis for EUR 4 Million from a Bulgarian Truck
- » Shooting in Malmö, Five Injured
- » Two People Threatened a MP from the Bulgarian Socialist Party with a Gun
- » A Hungarian Court Sentenced Three Bulgarians for Human Trafficking
- » 8 Bulgarians Raped a 13-year-old Girl in Germany