Bulgarian Health Minister Reiterates Anti-Smoking Stance
Bulgarian Health Minister Desislava Atanasova has reiterated her firm stance against the potential lifting of the full smoking ban in closed public spaces that was imposed in the country in June.
"Under no circumstances will I back reinstating the old smoking regime for closed spaces," Atanasova told the Bulgarian National Television on Monday.
Atanasova has declared that, even though the Parliament should take all arguments into account when it is discussing the full smoking ban, she would not support its abolishment.
Bulgaria's Parliament will discuss on Thursday the possibility of lifting the full smoking ban in closed public spaces.
Last week, parliamentary health committee head Desislava Daritkova expressed her hope that lawmakers will be reasonable enough not to scrap the full smoking ban.
However, Prime Minister Boyko Borisov surprisingly hinted on Sunday that smoking may be allowed in establishments after 10:00 pm.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: Less than 10,000 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Two-Thirds of People with Omicron have been Infected with COVID-19 Before
- » Almost All of Bulgaria is in the Dark Red COVID Zone
- » Over 55% of Sequenced Samples in Bulgaria are from Omicron
- » Bulgarian Immunologist: The only Salvation against Covid is to be Immunized Every Year
- » The Pfizer Vaccine Triples the Risk of Myocarditis