Heavy Snow Claims 5 Lives in Balkans
The heavy snowfall that engulfed much of South-Eastern Europe over the weekend has claimed at least 5 lives.
Four persons have perished in Croatia and two more in Serbia due to dropping temperatures and blizzards, informed authorities.
Cars had to wait for hours on a main Serbian highway leading to Hungary, trapped in snow that accumulated for hours.
The international airport in Croatia's capital Zagreb has remained closed for part of Saturday.
- » The Rain Flooded Sofia
- » Three People Died after an Earthquake in Japan
- » An Earthquake of Magnitude 3.5 on the Richter is Registered in Belitsa
- » Hawaii's Kilauea Volcano Starts Raining Green Gems
- » Torrential Rains Caused Floods in Romania
- » The Ceiling of Terminal 1 at Sofia Airport is Leaking from the Rain and Floods in Sofia (Video)