Heavy Snowfall Forecasted for Parts of Bulgaria Sunday
Four regions in Bulgaria will be under code orange Sunday over the forecast for heavy snowfall, the National Institute for Meteorology and Hydrology at the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences (BAS) has announced.
Code orange is effective Sunday for the regions of Blagoevgrad, Pazardzhik, Smolyan and Kardzhali.
Code orange means intense weather situations with potential damage, injuries and casualties.
A more moderate code yellow has been issued for the regions of Vidin, Sofia, Pernik, Kyustendil and Sofia city.
Code yellow means potentially dangerous weather, where the forecast is not for unusual meteorological events, but requires people to exercise caution.
The rest of the country is under code green.
- » Scientists have Revealed why Birds have no Teeth
- » Minister Neno Dimov: We have Made Significant Progress in Regards to Air Quality During the EU Presidency
- » How the Northeastern Bulgarian Town of Smyadovo Transforms into Modern Energy Efficient Settlement
- » Storm in Karnobat, Southeastern Bulgaria: Streets and Houses in Water!
- » A Spectacular Tornado Hit West Germany!
- » EU Suing France, UK and Germany over Air Pollution Levels