Bulgarian FinMin Labels Judiciary Bonuses Disgusting
Giving bonuses to magistrates is disgusting, according to Bulgaria's Deputy Prime Minister and Finance Minister, Simeon Djankov.
Speaking Friday in an interview for Nova TV, he stressed the judiciary was the most unreformed and criticized by the European Commission system in the country.
"They know that I am mandated by the law to sign, but on the backdrop of everything in the country and of obvious failures of the justice system, I cannot understand why this is done. I have no means to halt the distribution of these bonuses because the judiciary has a separate budget, however in order to receive something one must prove that they are not only doing a good job, but that they are doing a great job. They must feel some shame and say that they would not accept bonuses this year," Djankov stated.
The Minister explained that he was not opposing bonuses in general and a good bonus system was a must in all sectors.
- » A Sharp Slowdown in Wage Growth in Bulgaria
- » Sofia Municipality Stops the Movement of Tram №7 on Bulgaria Blvd.
- » More than BGN 20 Million will be Invested for the Repair of 32 km of the Road Momchilgrad - Ivaylovgrad
- » The Bulgarian Social Minister Biser Petkov Resigned, PM Borisov Rejected the Resignation (Updated)
- » Trakia Highway is Closed in both Directions near Kameno because of a Fire
- » The Lyulin Highway Closes for Repair