Bulgarian Border Police Bust 20 Illegal Immigrants from Ivory Coast
Bulgaria's Border Police have arrested a total of 20 illegal immigrants who had crossed the border with Turkey overnight, the Interior Ministry announced.
All 20 persons were found to have no IDs but they told the border guards they are from the African country of Ivory Coast (Cote d'Ivoire).
They were detained close to the Lesovo crossing point on the Bulgarian-Turkish border, and their trafficking is under investigation.
Earlier, the Bulgarian border guards arrested five asylum seekers from Algeria, Libya, and Syria, who had escaped from their accommodation facilities to try to make it to Western Europe.
- » Police Detained a Bulgarian in France with Nearly 30 kg of Cannabis
- » 1kg of Cocaine and Almost 5kg of Heroin Seized by Police in Plovdiv Area
- » Cyberterrorists Attacked 40 US Cities
- » Bulgarian Special Prosecutor's Office Files Indictment Against Controversial Banevi Family
- » Over One Tonne of Cannabis Was Found Aboard a Yacht in Greece
- » Bulgarian Police Seizes 76 kg of Cocaine Hidden Among Fruits