Bulgarian Border Police Bust 20 Illegal Immigrants from Ivory Coast
Bulgaria's Border Police have arrested a total of 20 illegal immigrants who had crossed the border with Turkey overnight, the Interior Ministry announced.
All 20 persons were found to have no IDs but they told the border guards they are from the African country of Ivory Coast (Cote d'Ivoire).
They were detained close to the Lesovo crossing point on the Bulgarian-Turkish border, and their trafficking is under investigation.
Earlier, the Bulgarian border guards arrested five asylum seekers from Algeria, Libya, and Syria, who had escaped from their accommodation facilities to try to make it to Western Europe.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Moldovans detained for Stealing nearly BGN 200,000 from Ukrainian Refugees in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria: Large-scale Police Operation in Karnobat
- » Bulgaria: Scheme for Issuing Fake Green Certificates was Discovered in Sofia
- » Bulgarian Prosecutor's Office Launches Investigation for the so-called “Golden Passports”
- » Bulgaria: Man was Detained for Issuing Fake Certificates in Bansko
- » Bulgaria: British Man Attacked and Kicked a Nurse at the Hospital in Veliko Tarnovo