Bulgarian Right-Wingers Want FinMin, Health Insurance Head Axed
Bulgaria's right-wing Blue Coalition has demanded the resignations of Finance Minister Simeon Djankov and the director of the National Health Insurance Fund over what it perceives as failed policies.
Blue Coalition MP Vanyo Sharkov has told reporters that Djankova has turned the National Health Insurance Fund into his "personal piggy-bank."
The right-wing coalition also wants the Fund's director to resign over his "failure to defend the interests of health insured Bulgarian citizens."
Over the last two years, the Ministry of Finance has stolen some BGN 59 M from Bulgarians' health insurance money, the Blue Coalition argued on Wednesday.
Blue Coalition lawmakers have also reminded that VAT on medications in Bulgaria is the highest in the European Union, which results in very expensive medications.
- » 120 Children in Romania are in a Hospital with Symptoms of Food Poisoning
- » About 30% of Bulgarians who have Suffered a Heart Attack Continue to Smoke
- » British Prisoners Renovated Wheelchairs for Sofia Hospital "Pirogov"
- » Congo Announces 11 New Confirmed Ebola Cases
- » Over 145,000 Families in Bulgaria have Reproductive Problems
- » Sadiq Khan to Ban Junk Food Advertising on London Transport to Tackle Child Obesity