Heavy Snowfall in the Forecast for NW Bulgaria Sofia
Six Bulgarian regions are under code yellow Wednesday over the forecast for heavy snowfall, the National Institute for Meteorology and Hydrology at the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences (BAS) announced.
The code is effective for a number of locations in northern and northwestern Bulgaria and the regions of Montana, Vratsa, Kyustendil, Pernik, Sofia and the city of Sofia.
Code yellow means potentially dangerous weather, where the forecast is not for unusual meteorological events, but requires people to exercise caution.
Morning showers will turn into snow in the course of the day. The mercury fill fall to minus 3 degrees Celsius, while in the capital Sofia the lowest temperature will be minus 2.
Treacherous, icy roads are also included in the warning for western Bulgaria. Rain in entire northern Bulgaria will turn into snow by the evening.
In eastern Bulgaria the temperatures will reach 8C to 12C. Snow is expected there on Thursday.
- » The Rain Flooded Sofia
- » Three People Died after an Earthquake in Japan
- » An Earthquake of Magnitude 3.5 on the Richter is Registered in Belitsa
- » Hawaii's Kilauea Volcano Starts Raining Green Gems
- » Torrential Rains Caused Floods in Romania
- » The Ceiling of Terminal 1 at Sofia Airport is Leaking from the Rain and Floods in Sofia (Video)