Syria Rebels Kill 29 Students, Teacher, Journalist
The heavily armed Syrian opposition has killed at least Syrian 29 school students and their teacher when it shelled their school Tuesday.
The tragic incident happened in the Wafideen camp, where refugees from the Golan Heights are housed, reports ITAR-TASS.
The killing has been confirmed by the independent Syrian Observatory for Human Rights, in addition to being reported by Syrian government media.
In a separate incident Tuesday, a journalist working for a paper related to the embattled regime of Syrian President Bashar Al-Assad was shot in Damascus while going to work.
For months on, Syria has been torn by a bloody civil war that has claimed the lives of tens of thousands.
- » Digital Single Gateway: Easier Access to Online Information and Procedures
- » New Measures to Fight against illegal Competition Practices in the Internal Market
- » Pensions: Council Agrees its Stance on pan-European Pension Product
- » Visa Policy: Council Agrees Negotiating Mandate on the Amendment of the Visa Code
- » Schengen Internal Border Controls: Council Agrees Negotiating Mandate on the Amendment of the Schengen Borders Code
- » Merkel and Macron Agreed on a Separate Eurozone Budget