1 More MP Leaves Bulgarian 'Communist' Right-Wingers
One more MP from Bulgaria's right-wing parliamentary Blue Coalition has decided to leave the embattled Union of Democratic Forces (UDF) party.
Lawmaker Tsvetan Kostov has quit the party, since he believes it has now turned into a "communist-type" formation that is going after "enemies with party cards."
The party's MPs refused to back the nomination of former President Petar Stoyanov (1997-2001) for constitutional judge, saying they did not oppose Stoyanov personally, but the fact that the nomination was imposed by Prime Minister Boyko Borisov and his centrist-right GERB party.
On Tuesday, Tsvetan Kostov told reporters that he would remain a member of the Blue Coalition (now existing only in Parliament), since he believes that was the will of the voters in the 2009 general election.
- » New Camel at the Sofia Zoo
- » Fire Rescue Operation Training was Carried out in Burgas Port
- » At 13 Hours and 7 Minutes Today in Bulgaria will be Astronomical Summer
- » The Green Parking Zone in Sofia will be Expanded from November 1
- » A Sharp Slowdown in Wage Growth in Bulgaria
- » Sofia Municipality Stops the Movement of Tram №7 on Bulgaria Blvd.