Bulgarian Ex-Deputy FinMin Appointed as C-Bank Board Member
Boryana Pencheva, a former Bulgarian Deputy Finance Minister, has been officially appointed as a member of the country's central bank governing board.
Pencheva has thus become the Bulgarian National Bank governing board member appointed by the Bulgarian President.
President Rosen Plevneliev was present at the appointment ceremony, local media inform.
Pencheva enters office for a six-year term.
As Deputy Finance Minister, Boryana Pencheva was in charge of macroeconomic planning, debt management and coordination of the state policy in the field of financial services and financial markets.
She was also responsible for cooperation with international financial institutions involved in the coordination of economic and financial policy in the European Union and financial management assistance from the Union, and other international programs.
From 2002 to 2009 Pencheva served as Director of Management of EU Funds Directorate within the Ministry of Finance.
- » A Sharp Slowdown in Wage Growth in Bulgaria
- » Sofia Municipality Stops the Movement of Tram №7 on Bulgaria Blvd.
- » More than BGN 20 Million will be Invested for the Repair of 32 km of the Road Momchilgrad - Ivaylovgrad
- » The Bulgarian Social Minister Biser Petkov Resigned, PM Borisov Rejected the Resignation (Updated)
- » Trakia Highway is Closed in both Directions near Kameno because of a Fire
- » The Lyulin Highway Closes for Repair