BGN 1 M Investment to Secure Bulgarian Citizenship
Foreign nationals would be granted Bulgarian citizenship if they invest at least BGN 1 M in a Bulgarian company that is involved in a high-priority investment project, the Parliament decided Friday.
The foreign investors in question are also required to have had a permanent residence status in the country for at least one year in order to benefit from the citizenship offer.
The companies they invest in should not be bankrupt, in ongoing bankruptcy proceedings, or in debt to the Bulgarian state or municipalities.
The amendments to the Encouragement of Investments Act were passed on second reading on Thursday.
- » Bulgarian Energy Minister: The Government Has an Excellent dialogue with Business and Trade Unions, in the Field of Energy'
- » Extraordinary Meeting of the Bulgarian Council of Ministers on Electricity Prices
- » Gasoline Price Again Rises Sharply in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria was Top Tourist Destination for Greeks in 2018
- » Bulgaria with a Record Export to Germany: What Do Germans Buy and Where Does it Go?
- » EU Online Gambling Landscape - Changes to Expect in 2019