Assange Ill, May Seek Safe Passage to Hospital
Prominent whistleblower Julian Assange has a chronic lung infection and his condition could get worse at any moment, Ecuador's Ambassador to the UK has warned.
Ambassador Ana Alban said the Wikileaks founder, who is fighting UK efforts to send him to Sweden, was suffering from living in a confined space.
"Not only does the embassy have few windows but the city is also dark at this time - we have very little daylight in London," Alban has pointed out, as cited by BBC.
"He is exposed to any health consequences from this lack of sunlight and lack of fresh air."
Ecuador previously sought assurances Assange would not be arrested if hospitalised, BBC has reminded.
The UK said then it would not prevent "any medical care that he requires".
Assange sought asylum in Ecuador after failing to appeal against orders by British courts that he be extradited to Sweden for questioning over sexual assault allegations.
Assange denies the claims and fears his extradition will lead to his transportation to the US where he will be prosecuted for publishing a cache of confidential US diplomatic cables and documents on his website.
- » Canada Becomes First Major Economy to Legalize Recreational Cannabis
- » Russian Orthodox Church Cuts Ties with Constantinople
- » Opposition Leader and Putin Foe Navalny Released from Jail for Anti-Kremlin Protests
- » Google+ Shuts Down as Nearly Half a Million Accounts Compromised
- » ISS Astronauts Return to Earth Amid US-Russia Tensions
- » Interpol President Reported Missing During Trip to China
The only thing this guy is suffering from is S.A.D. which many Brits suffer from this time of the year. Medication will not be withheld for any lung congestion he may have (again, many Brits suffer from this) This whole thing , however, will be blown up by Assange and the embassy to pull on peoples heart strings. Watch this space and see if I am wrong.