Bulgarian, Italian Police Bust Illegal Antique Peddlers
A joint operation of Bulgarian and Italian police authorities led to the arrest of two Bulgarians who had engaged in illegal sales of antiques in Italy.
The two, ages 40 and 53, were arrested in Bulgarian city of Ruse by the anti-organized crime unit of the Bulgarian police.
Bulgarian policemen were working together with the Carabinieri from the Italian city of Verona, where the two detainees had conducted their alleged illegal activities.
Upon searching their premises, the police also uncovered a number of illegally held antique objects, such as 5 Medieval crosses, 20 coins, and a number of antique gems.
One of the arrested has a previous criminal record for illegal dealing in antiques.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Europol Discovered an International Criminal Group for Financial Fraud Operating in Bulgaria
- » 1 Tonne of Cocaine destined for Bulgaria was seized in Colombia
- » Bulgarian Prosecution accuses GDFOC of Unprecedented Pressure on the “Hemus” Investigation
- » Double Homicide in Varna
- » A 17-year-old Bulgarian was Killed in a Shootout in Copenhagen
- » "Information Service" for Green Certificates: We Repelled the biggest Cyber Attack in Bulgaria