Notorious Bulgarian Ruling Party Official Resigns
Andrey Ivanov, the Sofia regional coordinator of Bulgaria's ruling GERB party, has resigned, local media inform.
In a statement, Ivanov has claimed that he does not want "speculations" surrounding him to damage the party's image during the upcoming general elections campaign in 2013.
The resignation has been accepted by GERB leader and Prime Minister Boyko Borisov.
In January 2012, Ivanov resigned as chair of the Sofia City Council amidst embezzlement allegations.
He was accused of illegally acquiring a number of properties worth a total of BGN 10 M, having excessive amounts of real estate and dealing with murky figures. He firmly denies all allegations.
- » The Green Parking Zone in Sofia will be Expanded from November 1
- » A Sharp Slowdown in Wage Growth in Bulgaria
- » Sofia Municipality Stops the Movement of Tram №7 on Bulgaria Blvd.
- » More than BGN 20 Million will be Invested for the Repair of 32 km of the Road Momchilgrad - Ivaylovgrad
- » The Bulgarian Social Minister Biser Petkov Resigned, PM Borisov Rejected the Resignation (Updated)
- » Trakia Highway is Closed in both Directions near Kameno because of a Fire