Jol Pins Hopes on Berbatov to Lead Fulham Midfield
Fulham boss Martin Jol has once again praised Bulgarian Dimitar Berbatov, describing him as a born leader who could be the team's midfield general.
"Berbatov was unbelievable as he had to play in midfield because Bryan Ruiz wasn't there," Jol has said, referring to Berbatov's performance during Fulham's game againct Stoke.
"He can pull the strings in midfield. That's what we did in the second half," he added, as cited by The Sun.
"If Berbatov wasn't there then we're left looking a bit rigid."
The Bulgarian striker, 31, took the armband at Stoke, since Brede Hangeland was suspended, The Sun reminds.
- » Bulgaria Pays Fine to Lift Weightlifting Doping Ban
- » Novak Djokovic Sweeps Aside Kevin Anderson for Wimbledon Title
- » France Beats Croatia to Win Second FIFA World Cup Title
- » Unbelievable! Alexandra Nacheva is at the Top of the World in the Triple Jump with a Great Result
- » UFC Boise: Junior dos Santos Rolls by Bulgarian Blagoy Ivanov by Unanimous Decision
- » FIFA World Cup 2018, Final Preview: A Look at What to Expect in the Title Showdown between France and Croatia