Bank Card Purchases Increasingly Popular in Bulgaria
Bulgarians will make credit and debit card "Christmas" purchases in the amount of BGN 25 M, according to banks estimates.
Banks in Bulgaria have registered a boom in card purchases with expectations they will double in December.
With the increase of a number of card terminals at shopping places, card transactions in 2012 have reached 30% for purchases while the other 70% are ATM cash withdrawals.
Because of the trend, banks have upped card transaction security to prevent skimming, such as debit cards where the transaction is recorded entirely on the card chip, or sending the customer a short text message, SMS, when the card has been charged, bTV reports, citing bank experts.
Women in Bulgaria own more debit and credit cards than men, and the number of female card owners has doubled in the last two years, according to bank statistics.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarian National Bank Governor Recommends Fiscal Buffer in 2024 Budget
- » Countdown to Eurozone: Bulgaria Awaits June Decision
- » Standard & Poor's Raised the Outlook for Bulgaria's Credit Rating
- » New Tax Rules in Bulgaria: EU Directive Impacts Multinationals
- » Bulgaria's 2024 State Budget Approved with 3% Deficit to Meet Eurozone Criteria
- » The Bulgarian Parliament Reduced the Amount of Cash Payments to BGN 5,000.