Israel Arrests Tel Aviv Bus Bomb Suspects
Israel has arrested several Palestinians in the West Bank and an Israeli Arab, suspected of involvement in a bomb attack on a Tel Aviv bus.
The blast, which injured 29 people, came just hours before a ceasefire between Israel and Hamas on Wednesday.
It was the first such attack in Tel Aviv for more than six years.
Israel launched an offensive against Gaza, which it says was aimed at ending rocket fire from Gaza, with the killing of a Hamas military leader last week.
Israeli military spokeswoman Avital Leibovich said the Israeli bus bomb suspect was "an Arab-Israeli from Taybe and a member of Hamas".
Officials said that a number of Palestinians affiliated with Hamas and Islamic Jihad in the West Bank were also arrested, suspected of having recruited the man to carry out the bombing.
After planting the device, the man called his Palestinian handlers, who detonated it remotely by calling the phone, he added.
In a statement, Israel's security agency Shin Bet said the arrests had happened "a few hours after the attack".
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Putin signed the Laws to Annex Four Ukrainian Territories
- » EU countries agreed on the Eighth Package of Sanctions against Russia
- » The Bulgarian MEPs with a Joint Declaration on Schengen
- » Day 224 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Kyiv's Counteroffensive against Moscow's forces continues
- » US, South Korea test-fire Missiles in response to North Korea
- » The UN awarded Merkel for accepting more than 1 Million Refugees