'Eternal' Bulgarian Pop Diva Delights 15 000 in Sofia
Lili Ivanova, Bulgaria's eternal pop diva, a favorite of several generations of Bulgarians, has staged a magnificent concert Thursday evening.
Ivanova, 73, performed live for over 3 hours before an audience of 15 000 gathered at the Sofia Arena Armeets sports and multipurpose facility.
Bulgarian media write Friday that her talent and energy would make many younger singers envious all while she became the first ever Bulgarian performer not only to dare to take the stage of Bulgaria's newest and largest facility, but to fill it to the top.
As usual, Lili did not disappoint the huge audience where fans ranged from 20-year-olds to the elderly. She performed some of her all-time hits and over 20 of her newest songs on the backdrop of thundering applause.
A total of 31 musicians from Grand Li Orchestra partnered with her on stage.
Around the middle, the singer, known for being a perfectionist, interrupted the concert over a technical glitch and continued only after it was fixed.
As the culmination approached, the audience gave her a standing applause and did not sit down until the very end.
Brimming with happiness, the star said she was ready to sing everything all over again.
In recent days, Ivanova noted the concert at Arena Armeets was the most important in her life along with the one at the Paris' Olimpia Hall in 2009.
- » The Bulgarian "Cultural Reforms" Movement Begins a Series of Cultural Policy Forums
- » SKILLET in Sofia with First Solo Concert in Bulgaria!
- » The 11th Bulgarian Cinema Festival in Rome is Coming soon
- » The ANASTACIA Concert in Sofia is Canceled
- » IMANY with Two Big Concerts in Sofia and Plovdiv in June
- » Van Gogh Painting Sold for EUR 7 Million