2 New Candidates Emerge for Bulgaria's Chief Prosecutor
Two new candidates have been officially nominated for the post of Bulgaria's Chief Prosecutor.
Galina Toneva, who is currently Deputy Chief Prosecutor, was endorsed on Thursday by Supreme Judicial Council member Kamen Sitnilski. Her nomination was also backed by Supreme Judicial Council members Kalin Kalpakchiev, Yuliya Kovacheva and Rumen Boev.
Specialized Appellate Prosecution Office chairman Borislav Sarafov was endorsed by Supreme Judicial Council members Georgi Kolev, Dimitar Uzunov, Milka Itova, Mariya Kuzmanova and Yuliyana Koleva.
Last week, seven members of Bulgaria's Supreme Judicial Council nominated the Chairman of the Plovdiv Regional Court, Sotir Tsatsarov, 46, for the country's new Chief Prosecutor.
The candidates are now three.
On Tuesday, Bulgarian Prime Minister Boyko Borisov declared that Tsatsarov was the "best district judge he ever worked with when he was still Chief Secretary of the Interior Ministry."
Tsatsarov is rumored to be well-liked by Borisov's ruling Citizens for European Development of Bulgaria party, GERB, and particularly by Interior Minister, Tsvetan Tsvetanov.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kiril Petkov on his Citizenship: I Do Not Feel Any Guilt
- » General Mutafchiiski with Special Award from Jewish Community in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Road Constuctors Mount yet Another Protest
- » Bulgaria: Prices Will Rise More Steeply than Expected - Finance Ministry
- » Three Foreigners Arrested in Bulgaria for Trading Info from Arsenal military plant
- » Caretaker Government Required State-owned Companies to Pay Dividend