Lalova Named Bulgaria's Top Field and Track Athlete for 2012
Bulgarian sprinter Ivet Lalova has been named her country's best field and track athlete for a record fourth time in a row.
Lalova has won the traditional poll organized by the local Atletika journal, leaving sprinter Vania Stambolova second and high jumper Mirela Demireva third.
After struggling with injuries for years, Lalova won the gold medal at the European Athletics Championships in Helsinki in difficult weather conditions after running a season?s best of 11.6 in her heat.
In March, she became the only European sprinter to make it into the 60 m women's final at the IAAF World Indoor Championships in Athletics in Istanbul.
She also qualified for the 100 m and 200 m semifinals at the London Olympics.
- » Grigor Dimitrov Lost to Novak Djokovic in Queens
- » World Cup 2018: Football Showpiece Set to Begin in Russia
- » USA, Canada and Mexico will Host 2026 World Cup
- » Russia’s World Cup Costs to Exceed $14Bln, Media Reports
- » Spain Fired its Coach a Day before the Start of the 2018 World Cup
- » Mirela Demireva made a Historic Jump in Stockholm