Petrov Says Battle with Cancer Going Well
Aston Villa's Bulgarian captain Stiliyan Petrov has said that he is battling hard with his acute leukaemia.
"So far it's going well which is a positive thing," Petrov has told Birmingham Mail.
He attended a charity match between a Petrov XI and a Villa Legends XI at Halesowen at the weekend.
The Bulgarian midfielder has thanked the Aston Villa fans for their support as he continues down the "long road" to beat acute leukaemia.
"I'm on the edge of starting crying every single time (they sing and applaud). I really appreciate it."
"The fans have been very supportive from the start until now. It's already been eight months I've been on treatment.
"I still get cards and messages and the turnout at the charity game was just unbelievable. But that's Villa fans for you. They love the club and the players."
- » World Cup 2018: Football Showpiece Set to Begin in Russia
- » USA, Canada and Mexico will Host 2026 World Cup
- » Russia’s World Cup Costs to Exceed $14Bln, Media Reports
- » Spain Fired its Coach a Day before the Start of the 2018 World Cup
- » Mirela Demireva made a Historic Jump in Stockholm
- » Ivet Lalova Won the 200m Race in Stockholm