Israel Permits Humanitarian Aid into Gaza
Israel has allowed the resumption of supply of goods and humanitarian aid to the Gaza Strip.
The renewed supply has been carried out through the sole cargo terminal at the joint border closed since the Israeli military launched an offensive against Palestinian militants, army officials said Sunday, according to RIA Novosti.
About 70 of 120 trucks loaded with medicines, food supplies, household gas and basic necessities have already passed through the Kerem Shalom border crossing into Gaza.
"This is a complex and dangerous operation because the entire border crossing area is subjected to rocket and mortar fire. We are carrying out this operation in coordination with the Palestinian [national] administration and various international institutions," Israeli Defence Ministry spokesman Guy Inbar has said.
- » Donald Trump Wants illegal Migrants to be Deported without Judges or Courts
- » EU - African, Caribbean and Pacific Countries Future Partnership: Council Adopts Negotiating Mandate
- » VAT Fraud: Agreement on Measures to Boost Administrative Cooperation
- » VAT Minimum Standard Rate Set Permanently at 15%
- » VAT Fraud: EU Approves Cooperation Agreement with Norway
- » Eurogroup Statement on Greece of 22 June 2018