26 Illegal Immigrants Arrested by Bulgarian Border Police
Bulgarian border police have arrested 26 foreign nationals who crossed the border with Turkey illegally.
Six of the detained were spotted Friday by officers of the Border Police Unit in Elhovo on the territory of the southeastern village of Goliam Dervent.
The illegal immigrants, three men aged 32 to 45 and a woman with two children aged 5 and 6, had entered Bulgaria from Turkey.
Meanwhile, three other foreign nationals aged 18-26 were found in a hidden compartment of a cargo vehicle with a Polish registration plate.
The three were detected through an X-ray view of the freight vehicle entering Bulgaria through the Kulata border crossing point.
On Saturday morning, at around 6.50 a.m., officers of the Border Police Unit in Elhovo arrested seven men who claimed to be Palestinian nationals on the territory of the southeastern village of Varnik.
One hour later, border police detected a 10-strong group of men and women without ID papers on the territory of the southeastern village of Prisadets.
Pre-trial investigations have been opened into the cases.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » "Information Service" for Green Certificates: We Repelled the biggest Cyber Attack in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Traffic Police Caught 30 Migrants on Trakia Highway near Sliven
- » Spouses Found Dead in Blagoevgrad, Son is a Suspect of the Murder
- » At Least 116 people have Died in a Prison Riot in Ecuador
- » Demonstrative Murder in Sofia: A Man was Shot Dead at Gerena Stadium
- » Record Homicide Growth in the United States Last Year