Bulgaria's Bansko Ranked Cheapest European Resort for Proficient Skiers
According to the Ski Resorts in Europe 2012/2013 survey of the European Consumer Centres' Network (ECC-Net), Bulgaria's Bansko is the cheapest option in the 51-100km category preferred by advance skiers.
The EEC-Net is a European network consisting of 29 European Consumer Centres (ECCs) (in all 27 Member States, Iceland and Norway), which work together to provide consumers with information on cross-border shopping and assist in the resolution of cross-border complaints and disputes.
The ECC-Net is co-financed by the European Commission, the EU Member States, Norway, and Iceland.
The Ski Resorts in Europe 2012/2013 report, as cited by Bulgaria's Commission for Consumer Protection, is the result of the second pan-European survey on ski resorts conducted by the ECC-Net and focuses on the costs and offers of ski resorts all over Europe.
The 2012/2013 edition of the survey includes responses of nearly 400 winter resorts.
Ski resorts are grouped into five categories according to the area of slopes, including 1-10 km, 11-25 km, 26-50 km, 51-100 km, and more than 100 km.
In the category of small ski resorts of up to 10 km, the Czech Republic offers the best prices.
In category of 11-25 km, which is preferred by families and skilled skiers, the Sachticky resort in Slovakia is the cheapest, while the most expensive one is the Eikedalen ski resort in Norway.
Bulgaria's ski resort of Chepelare is the third cheapest in the category.
In the category of 51-100km, which is preferred by proficient skiers, Bulgaria's Bansko ranks first, while the most expensive resort in the category is Flumserberg in Switzerland.
- » Angelkova Expects 5% Growth in Foreign Tourists
- » 5% less Russian Tourists will Rest in Bulgaria this Year
- » The Beds in the 4- and 5-star Hotels in Bulgaria have Increased by 24% for the Period 2014-2017
- » MoT Angelkova: Establishments in Sunny Beach - South Meet the Requirements of the Law
- » Top 10 of the Cheapest All-inclusive Destinations. Among Them is Bulgaria
- » Where a holiday is cheaper in Greece or in Turkey?