Bulgarian Parliament Elects New Head on Internal Security Committee
Krasimir Tsipov, an MP with Bulgaria's ruling centrist-right GERB, has been elected as the new head of the Parliament's Committee on Internal Security and Public Order.
Two other GERB lawmakers, Plamen Nunev and Rumen Ivanov, have also entered the committee, the BGNES news agency informs.
The committee's former head, Anastas Anastasov, was recently elected constitutional judge.
The Bulgarian Parliament's appointment of another constitutional judge, Veneta Markovska, triggered a scandal in the country and prompted the European Commission to announce that Bulgaria might face an interim report on justice and home affairs in case "the situation requires it."
- » New Camel at the Sofia Zoo
- » Fire Rescue Operation Training was Carried out in Burgas Port
- » At 13 Hours and 7 Minutes Today in Bulgaria will be Astronomical Summer
- » The Green Parking Zone in Sofia will be Expanded from November 1
- » A Sharp Slowdown in Wage Growth in Bulgaria
- » Sofia Municipality Stops the Movement of Tram №7 on Bulgaria Blvd.