It's Official: Obama Wins Florida
US President Barack Obama has narrowly defeated GOP challenger Mitt Romney in Florida, official results have shown.
Obama has defeated his Republican rival 50 percent to 49.1 percent, a difference of about 74,000 votes. Had the margin been within half a percentage point, it would have triggered a computer recount.
As a result, Obama garners the state's 29 electoral votes, for a national total of 332 votes to Romney's 206.
Regardless of the outcome, Obama had already clinched re-election.
Florida has now gone Democratic in two straight elections for the first time since 1944 and 1948, The Washington Post has observed.
- » Digital Single Gateway: Easier Access to Online Information and Procedures
- » New Measures to Fight against illegal Competition Practices in the Internal Market
- » Pensions: Council Agrees its Stance on pan-European Pension Product
- » Visa Policy: Council Agrees Negotiating Mandate on the Amendment of the Visa Code
- » Schengen Internal Border Controls: Council Agrees Negotiating Mandate on the Amendment of the Schengen Borders Code
- » Merkel and Macron Agreed on a Separate Eurozone Budget