It's Official: Obama Wins Florida
US President Barack Obama has narrowly defeated GOP challenger Mitt Romney in Florida, official results have shown.
Obama has defeated his Republican rival 50 percent to 49.1 percent, a difference of about 74,000 votes. Had the margin been within half a percentage point, it would have triggered a computer recount.
As a result, Obama garners the state's 29 electoral votes, for a national total of 332 votes to Romney's 206.
Regardless of the outcome, Obama had already clinched re-election.
Florida has now gone Democratic in two straight elections for the first time since 1944 and 1948, The Washington Post has observed.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Day 213 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Referendums Continue for a Second Day in the Russian-Occupied Regions
- » UN: War Crimes were Committed in Ukraine during the Conflict with Russia
- » Italy's Elections might Put in Power the most Right-Wing Government since World War II
- » Day 212 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Referendums on Joining Russia have started in 4 Ukrainian Regions
- » Russia Banned the Bulgarian Language in Occupied Ukraine
- » Day 211 of the Invasion of Ukraine: The World Reacts to Putin’s Mobilization