Watson: Rightists Shouldn't Accept Berlusconi, Basescu, Borisov
Leaders such as Bulgarian PM Boyko Borisov make the European People's Party weaker, argued European Liberals president Graham Watson.
Watson said this at the ongoing congress of the European Liberal Democrat and Reform party in Dublin.
The liberal leader argued for stronger liberal parties, more green jobs and more emphasis on the European liberal tradition.
According to Watson, the rival rightist but largely conservative EPP, one of the two largest in the EU, is suffering difficulties.
"There are some on the centre right of politics who are ill at ease with the EPP's embrace of Berlusconi and Basescu and Borissov," said Watson, suggesting they might find a better home in ELDR.
At the congress, Bulgaria was represented by a 6-member delegation from the Movement for Rights and Freedoms, led by MEP Filiz Hyusmenova.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Nearly 60% of Bulgarians are Skeptical about Adopting the Euro
- » Bulgaria Is Late to Explain Its Position on N.Macedonia Says Diplomat
- » New German Government and Old Bulgarian "bad boy" Borissov
- » EC Opens Infringement Proceedings against 19 EU Member States, Including Bulgaria
- » Bulgarians and EU Citizens Will Enter UK only with Passports from October 1st
- » Bulgaria’s Town of Panagyurishte Awarded Title of European City of Sports in 2022