Bulgarian Customs Nab Bootleg Alcohol Workshops
Bulgarian customs officers from Silistra in the north east have broken two alcohol bootlegging distilleries in a local village.
The facilities were used to distill rakia, Bulgaria's specialty fruit-based hard brandy.
Located in private houses in the local Pravda village, the distilleries were in full operation when the officers broke in.
The one featured two cauldrons with volume 160 and 180 litres, the other featuring a single 200 l cauldron.
A total of 36 l of rakia, together with the distilling facilities, have been seized.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: Authorities Detained a Police Officer while On Duty with more than 1.6 Promille of Alcohol
- » Specialized Police Operation in the Bulgarian Village of Sindel after the Rape of a 73-year-old Woman
- » A 73-year-old Woman was Raped in a Bulgarian Village
- » 30 Days in Detention for the Attacker of Bulgarian Hristiyan Pendikov in North Macedonia
- » Prosecutor General: The US Settlement with Nexo has Nothing to do with the Bulgarian Investigation
- » The Nexo Affair Ended in the US, but Not in Bulgaria