Bulgarian Customs Nab Bootleg Alcohol Workshops
Bulgarian customs officers from Silistra in the north east have broken two alcohol bootlegging distilleries in a local village.
The facilities were used to distill rakia, Bulgaria's specialty fruit-based hard brandy.
Located in private houses in the local Pravda village, the distilleries were in full operation when the officers broke in.
The one featured two cauldrons with volume 160 and 180 litres, the other featuring a single 200 l cauldron.
A total of 36 l of rakia, together with the distilling facilities, have been seized.
- » Two People Threatened a MP from the Bulgarian Socialist Party with a Gun
- » A Hungarian Court Sentenced Three Bulgarians for Human Trafficking
- » 8 Bulgarians Raped a 13-year-old Girl in Germany
- » Drugs Distribution Group in Pleven and Lovech was Busted
- » The Owner of a Large Bulgarian Dairy Company was Arrested for Tax Fraud
- » Hostage Situation in Paris, Suspect Arrested after 4 Hours