Body of Late Bulgarian Patriarch Departs to Home Monastery
The body of late Bulgarian Orthodox Patriarch Maxim is no longer lying in states in Sofia, as it is now being transferred to the monastery where he will be buried as per his will.
Maxim will be buried Friday at the Troyan Monastery in central northern Bulgaria, near his home village of Oreshak.
The funeral service and mass for the deceased Patriarch start Friday at 9 am EET at the St. Alexander Nevsky Cathedral in the Bulgaria.
Patriarch Maxim was the oldest Primate of Orthodox Church Patriarchs around the world, and he was at the helm for a record-long 41 years. He died shortly before 4 am on Tuesday after spending a month in the Governmental Hospital in Sofia including several days on life support.
Patriarch Maxim was 98.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Sunny and Hot Weekend
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 292 New Cases on July 11 in 4540 PCR Tests
- » Weather in Bulgaria July 10: Mostly Sunny Today, Temperatures Up to 34 Degrees
- » Anti-Record: 330 Newly Registered Cases of COVID-19 in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria Marks the 170th Anniversary of the Birth of Ivan Vazov
- » Bulgarian Ministry of Education: Three Scenarios For Starting The New School Year