Kenyan Mother Names Twins Obama and Romney
A 20-year-old Kenyan mother has made headlines around the world after naming her newborn twins Barack Obama and Mitt Romney.
Millicent Owuor gave birth to twin boys at the Siaya District Hospital in Nyanza province, Western Kenya, the local newspaper The Standard reported.
Speaking to the daily the young mother said she took this decision because it would help her "remember the historic US elections for a long time, both the winner and the loser."
Siaya is the home district of Obama's father, Barack Obama Sr., who was born in the village of Nyang'oma Kogelo in 1936.
International agencies report that several babies born at the nearby hospital have already been named after Obama, but only one, however, has a twin brother named Mitt Romney.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » More than 3,500 Police Officers will provide Security in Athens during Pope Francis' Visit
- » Transgender and Tribal Women among the Recipients of India’s Top Civilian Awards
- » EU May Impose New Sanctions on Belarus as early as Monday
- » Poland Increases Security on Border with Belarus after Threat of Migrants Increases
- » Russia: For Third Day in a Row, More than 40,000 New Infections with COVID-19
- » Up to Three Years in Prison for a Fake COVID Certificate in Ukraine