Bulgaria Leapfrogs to Top 40 in FIFA Ranking
The Bulgarian national football team has moved 15 places up in the FIFA/Coca-Cola World Ranking and is now occupying the 40th spot.
"The Lions" are now one spot behind Zambia and one ahead of Egypt.
Bulgaria was ranked 96th in April, but recently appointed coach Lyuboslav Penev seems to have inspired the team.
The Bulgarian national squad had an impressive start to its World Cup qualifying campaign, holding Italy to a 2:2 draw and defeating Armenia 1:0 in September in Sofia.
The Balkan underdogs then proceeded to hold Denmark and the Czech Republic to two consecutive draws in October.
- » "Levski" Marks 104 years since the Founding of the Football Club
- » Grigor Dimitrov Posted in Social Networks a Message for the Most Special Person
- » Slavia Sofia Won the Bulgarian Cup after a 22-year Break
- » Huge Interest for the Final of the Bulgarian Football Cup Between Levski and Slavia
- » Grigor Dimitrov was Eliminated in Round 2 of the Masters in Madrid
- » Milos Raonic Will Compete With Grigor Dimitrov