Supporters Go Wild as Obama Reelected
Supporters of US President Barack Obama across the country and the world went literally wild after his reelection was confirmed on his Twitter and Facebook pages.
The posts came shortly after the major networks projected he would have a majority of electoral college votes.
Obama prevailed despite lingering dissatisfaction with the economy and a well-funded challenger in Mitt Romney, a former governor of Massachusetts.
With many states still reporting results, Mr Obama's margin of victory was not yet certain.
Obama's margin of victory is not yet certain because three states have yet to report results.
With swing states Virginia and Florida still too close to call, Obama has won 290 electoral votes to Romney's 203.
The state of Alaska, where polls have yet to close, is expected to vote for the Republican.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Day 226 of the Invasion of Ukraine: There is a Threat of Nuclear Armageddon, according to Biden
- » Day 225 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Russian Missile strikes on Zaporizhzhia
- » World Bank: Russia's Invasion of Ukraine is hampering Post-Pandemic Economic Recovery
- » No more Russian Oil for Serbia
- » SpaceX heads off for International Space Station with US, Russian, Japanese Astronauts
- » Two MEPs Insulted Bulgaria and Romania at the Schengen debate