Bulgaria's Dimitrov Defeated by Monaco in Paris
Bulgaria's Grigor Dimitrov is out of the Paris Masters tournament after a straight-set second round defeat against world No. 10 Juan Monaco.
Monaco edged a close first set on a tiebreak, before sealing his passage through to the last-16 with a 7-6 6-2 victory.
There was just one break point in an opening set dominated on serve before Monaco used his experience to take a one-set lead.
Monaco raced into a 3-0 advantage at the start of the second and then comfortably sealed victory in one hour 37 minutes, Sports Mole informs.
Monaco will face eight-seeded Janko Tipsarevic in the next round.
Despite the defeat, the Bulgarian will enter Top 50 for the first time in his career.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » How Many Bulgarians Have Played in the NBA?
- » Olympics: Italy Made History with Jacobs Winning 100 m Sprint
- » Olympics: Yosif Miladinov Remained 8th in 100 m Men's Final
- » Firts Olympic Medal for Bulgaria: Antoaneta Kostadinova Earns Silver in the Women's 10m Air Pistol
- » Tokyo Olympics: First Medal for Bulgaria
- » 29th Summer Olympic Games Starts in Tokyo Today