Bulgaria's Dimitrov Defeated by Monaco in Paris
Bulgaria's Grigor Dimitrov is out of the Paris Masters tournament after a straight-set second round defeat against world No. 10 Juan Monaco.
Monaco edged a close first set on a tiebreak, before sealing his passage through to the last-16 with a 7-6 6-2 victory.
There was just one break point in an opening set dominated on serve before Monaco used his experience to take a one-set lead.
Monaco raced into a 3-0 advantage at the start of the second and then comfortably sealed victory in one hour 37 minutes, Sports Mole informs.
Monaco will face eight-seeded Janko Tipsarevic in the next round.
Despite the defeat, the Bulgarian will enter Top 50 for the first time in his career.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Tokyo Olympics: First Medal for Bulgaria
- » 29th Summer Olympic Games Starts in Tokyo Today
- » Tokyo Olympics: More Cases of Infected Alert Organizers
- » Euro Final in London Marked by Arrests and Violence by English Fans
- » Euro 2020 Final: Italy Defeats England
- » Djokovic Wins Sixth Wimbledon Title, Equals Federer-Nadal's tally of 20 Grand Slams