New US Envoy Urges US Companies to Invest in Bulgaria's Young
Newly appointed American ambassador to Bulgaria Marcie Ries issued a call to US companies to invest in Bulgaria's youth and innovative Bulgarian enterpreneurs.
Tuesday Ries gave her first speech in front of the American Chamber of Commerce in Bulgaria (AmCham).
"US trade with Bulgaria grew by 37% during last year," said she, adding that that volume has still a great potential to grow further.
"Bulgaria boasts a number of small, young world-class companies," remarked Ries, urging US investors to focus on such business innovators.
In addition to expert and language skills in the Bulgarian workforce, the ambassador drew attention to the secure environment, as well as the low business and labor costs in the country.
Ries also touched on the work and travel exchange program on which many Bulgarian students are vising the USA, saying that such exchanges must expand.
In addition, the US ambassador stated that Bulgaria has been a reliable NATO partner and welcomed the country's efforts to diversify its energy resources.
However, Ries recalled that foreign investors in Bulgaria are right to expect a trustworthy, equitable and working judicial system.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Russia has Summoned Bulgaria’s Ambassador due to the Expelled Priests
- » Vice-President Yotova: Bulgaria is Fully Behind Albania's European Future
- » Russia’s Ambassador: Bulgaria is Rewriting its History
- » Turkey’s Ambassador: The Investments of Turkish companies in Bulgaria reach 2.5 billion euros
- » Ambassador Raykov: British authorities have officially confirmed that the 3 Bulgarians are in Prison
- » Bulgaria’s Ambassador to the UK: The Embassy was Not Informed about the Detention of our Citizens