First Snow in Central Europe Claims Lives, Wreaks Havoc
The early first snow for the new winter has already fallen in Central Europe, tragically claiming three lives in Poland.
The three victims of deadly frostbite are men aged 50-60, one of them being a homeless person.
The heavy snowfall in southern Poland has obstructed communications, and some 70,000 people have remained without power.
The situation in neighboring Czech Republic is similar, with trains delayed, roads blocked by wet snow, and trees felled.
Northern Italy and Switzerland have also been affected by the phenomenon, caused by the so-called Cassandra cyclone.
Snow has also fallen in the northern areas of southerly Croatia on the Balkan Peninsula, with the snow cover expected to reach some 20 cm by Sunday evening.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Windy and cold with max. temperatures between 1°C and 6°C
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Yellow Code for strong wind is in force for 27 districts in the country
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Cloudy with Max. Temperatures between 3°C and 8°C
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Lowest Temp. in the Country was Measured in Kyustendil -10 °C
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Mostly Sunny with Max. Temperatures between Minus 1°C and 4°C
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Snowfall and Strong Wind in 4 districts in the South