Tsunami Alert Following Canada Earthquake Cancelled
A tsunami alert issued for the Pacific Ocean Sunday following a strong 7.7 degree earthquake in Canada has now been cancelled.
The Pacific Tsunami Warning Center has said that data show that the tsunami threat has decreased and there is no outlook it might grow.
Increased wave heights might still pose danger for vessels and swimmers in the coming hours, warned the Center.
Hawaii, Alaska and British Columbia were placed under tsunami alert following the 7.7 degree quake in the Queen Charlotte Islands area of British Columbia.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Google Earth Now Shows Long-term Effect of Climate Change - Timelapse New Feature
- » 5 Places in Bulgaria Even Locals Should Visit Again
- » Bulgaria: Throwaway Plasticware Banned in Burgas
- » Bulgaria: Environment Row Erupts over Sozopol Beach
- » NASA's Ingenuity Helicopter Prepares for First Flight on Mars
- » Pandemic’s Another Face – Disposable Masks Spark Surge in Global Ocean Pollution