Tsunami Alert Following Canada Earthquake Cancelled
A tsunami alert issued for the Pacific Ocean Sunday following a strong 7.7 degree earthquake in Canada has now been cancelled.
The Pacific Tsunami Warning Center has said that data show that the tsunami threat has decreased and there is no outlook it might grow.
Increased wave heights might still pose danger for vessels and swimmers in the coming hours, warned the Center.
Hawaii, Alaska and British Columbia were placed under tsunami alert following the 7.7 degree quake in the Queen Charlotte Islands area of British Columbia.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Three Earthquakes Registered in Bulgaria Tonight
- » Yellow Code for Dangerous Cold Weather in Bulgaria
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Freezing Weekend
- » Bulgaria after Flood Disaster: Tons of Urban Waste Clog Rivers across the Country
- » Sozopol Beaches Badly Damaged by Pouring Rains and High Surf
- » Spanish Siberia: Unprecedented Winter Weather Torments Spain