Notorious Varna Police Spokesperson Yet to Be Fired
The police spokesperson who publicly insulted a man who dared to take pictures of napping policemen in the Bulgarian city of Varna is yet to be fired, local media have learned.
On Thursday, Bulgarian Prime Minister Boyko Borisov ordered the dismissal of Varna police spokesperson Kalina Pencheva, as she had called a Varna man "a peasant fool" on television.
The man, Boyan Maximov, took a picture of 3 police officers, apparently asleep in the patrol car, and spread it on social networks and later on TV, in what he says was a protest against the laziness and the incompetence of Bulgarian police.
As a result, Maximov was reportedly harassed by police authorities. , with police constantly stopping him and fining him on petty grounds such as not carrying an ID card when taking the trash out or walking his dog without a leash.
Earlier this week, Varna police spokesperson Kalina Pencheva commented on the case, telling the Btv private channel that Maximov is "a fool; a peasant fool, who has nothing to do and is bored."
Even though the Prime Minister ordered Pencheva's dismissal, Interior Minister Tsvetan Tsvetanov has now revealed that he would wait for the end of the disciplinary proceedings against her before making a decision.
However, Tsvetanov has described her behavior as "intolerable."
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Two Bulgarians are among those detained in a Drug Cartel broken up by Europol
- » Bulgaria: The Husband of the Murdered 28-year-old Mother of Two Children faces 20 Years in Prison
- » Bulgaria: Young Mother of Two was found Dead – Husband has been Arrested
- » Bulgaria: 12 Immigrants from Syria were Detained in Sofia in a Car with Serbian Registration
- » Bulgarian Interior Minister: Migrant Traffickers Fly at 200 km/h – Our Police Cars can’t Catch them!
- » Greece detained Bulgarians for defrauding Elderly People for over 260,000 euros