Energo-Pro Bulgaria to Buy Hydropower Plant Energia Holding
Power distributor Energo-Pro Bulgaria is looking to buy hydropower plant Energia Holding, according to reports of the Commission on Protection of Competition (CPC).
Citing a statement of the CPC, Bulgarian Capital daily notes that the Bulgarian unit of Czech energy group Energo-Pro has applied for permission by the Bulgarian anti-trust watchdog to acquire 100% of hydropower plant Energia Holding.
Hydropower plant Energia Holding is controlled by controversial Bulgarian businessman Grisha Ganchev, who will quit the energy business if the transaction is completed, while Energo-Pro will become the biggest private owner of hydropower plants in the country, according to the newspaper.
According to sources close to the matter cited by Capital daily, Ganchev initially asked for EUR 150 M but received a counter offer of EUR 50 M, and eventually they met in the middle.
The Bulgarian business daily says that neither Grisha Ganchev nor Energo Pro could be reached for comment on the matter.
The deal will make Energo-Pro the second-biggest player in the hydropower plant business after state-owned National Electricity Company (NEK).
Energo-Pro Bulgaria owns and operates eight hydropower plants united in three cascades - Sandanska Bistritsa Cascade, Koprinka Cascade and Petrohan Cascade.
In end-June, Energo-Pro bought the power distribution business of E.ON Bulgaria in northeastern Bulgaria.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarian Energy Holding: BGN 50 Million Loan for Mini Maritsa Iztok
- » Bulgaria's PM Borissov Arrives in Athenes Where Will Be Signed the Contract for Gas Terminal Near Alexandroupolis
- » Half of Bulgaria's Capital Sofia Without Electricity Due to an Accident
- » General Electric Co Signed Agreement Valued at Over $1.2 Billion with the Iraqi Ministry of Electricity
- » Executive Director of the Bulgarian Energy Holding Jacklen Cohen Resigns
- » Bulgarian PM Borissov Inspected the Construction of the Interconnector with Greece