Dutch-Sought Bulgarian Criminal Busted in Sofia
A Bulgarian man, who has been sought by authorities in the Netherlands, has been arrested in Sofia.
The news was reported by the Interior Ministry's press center Sunday.
The operation was carried out by the Main Directorate National Police and the 1st Police Precinct.
The criminal, identified only as G.G., 40, has been arrested in the late afternoon of October 12 at a subway station.
He had an international search warrant, issued in August 2012 by the Netherlands, over his effective jail sentence of 6 years and 9 months.
The sentence stems from participation between 2000 and 2007 in an organized crime group dealing with human trafficking and sexual exploitation, abuse, physical threats, and arranging fake marriages.
The Bulgarian has been one of the ringleaders of the gang, which operated in the Netherlands, Germany and Bulgaria. His extradition to the Netherlands is pending.
- » Two People Threatened a MP from the Bulgarian Socialist Party with a Gun
- » A Hungarian Court Sentenced Three Bulgarians for Human Trafficking
- » 8 Bulgarians Raped a 13-year-old Girl in Germany
- » Drugs Distribution Group in Pleven and Lovech was Busted
- » The Owner of a Large Bulgarian Dairy Company was Arrested for Tax Fraud
- » Hostage Situation in Paris, Suspect Arrested after 4 Hours