Handicapped Bulgaria Draw Denmark in Sofia
Bulgaria's national football team drew Denmark in a World Cup 2014 qualifier in Sofia despite playing with 10 men for almost 70 minutes after its right back Ivan Bandalovski got a red card.
??Dmitar Rangelov put Bulgaria ahead in the seventh minute, heading the ball past the Danish goalkeeper Stephan Andersen after a cross from Ivan Bandalovski.
The home team kept pressing in an attempt to extend its advantage, but was seriously weakened when right back Ivan Bandalovski was shown a straight red card in the 25th minute for a professional foul.
The equalizer came in the 40th minute, when Nicklas Bendtner took a pass from Michael Krohn-Dehli and found the back of the net with a header from inside the box.
Denmark used its advantage in the second half to create several chances, including a couple of one-on-one situations with Bulgaria goalkeeper Nikolay Mihaylov, who made several good saves to preserve the result.
Bulgaria is second in Group B with five points, two behind group leader Italy. Denmark has two points in two games.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » An Overview of the FIFA World Cup 2022
- » A Premier League Betting Overview for 2022/2023
- » Sports Betting with Betway
- » All of the EU except Bulgaria and Hungary Demand the Expulsion of Russia from World Sports
- » The Biggest Horse Racing Countries in Europe
- » Bulgarian Boxer Kubrat Pulev convincingly Defeated Jerry Forest