Handicapped Bulgaria Draw Denmark in Sofia
Bulgaria's national football team drew Denmark in a World Cup 2014 qualifier in Sofia despite playing with 10 men for almost 70 minutes after its right back Ivan Bandalovski got a red card.
??Dmitar Rangelov put Bulgaria ahead in the seventh minute, heading the ball past the Danish goalkeeper Stephan Andersen after a cross from Ivan Bandalovski.
The home team kept pressing in an attempt to extend its advantage, but was seriously weakened when right back Ivan Bandalovski was shown a straight red card in the 25th minute for a professional foul.
The equalizer came in the 40th minute, when Nicklas Bendtner took a pass from Michael Krohn-Dehli and found the back of the net with a header from inside the box.
Denmark used its advantage in the second half to create several chances, including a couple of one-on-one situations with Bulgaria goalkeeper Nikolay Mihaylov, who made several good saves to preserve the result.
Bulgaria is second in Group B with five points, two behind group leader Italy. Denmark has two points in two games.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Russia received an Invitation to Play in the Central Asian Football Association
- » Djokovic was not Allowed into the US without a COVID-19 Vaccine
- » Bulgarian Albert Popov Recorded a Historic Ranking with his First Podium in the Skiing World Cup
- » English Greyhound Derby 2023: Who Will Claim the Crown?
- » Who Are the Favorites for the 2023 Cheltenham Festival Championship Races?
- » Team Bulgaria will take 13 Athletes to the MMA World Championship in Serbia