Intelsat Inks Two Bulgarian Deals
Intelsat, the global provider of satellite services, announced it has signed two separate contracts with Bulgarian digital-terrestrial TV infrastructure provider NURTS and telco Vivacom.
NURTS, the primary tower company and sole DTT operator in Bulgaria, will use capacity on Intelsat 12 at 45° East to contribute content to its terrestrial towers for DTT services launching soon in Bulgaria.
Intelsat said the satellite offered a favourable angle to serve Bulgaria's mountainous landscape, and that its signals could reach transmitter sites in the most remote and rugged areas of the country.
NURTS operates over 700 transmitter sites across the country and is in the process of switching off analogue transmissions ahead of its planned digital switchover in September next year.
Vivacom will meanwhile use its additional capacity on Intelsat 12 to add high-definition programming to its recently launched DTH platform.
"Intelsat has a long history of supporting DTT and DTH deployments throughout the globe," said Jean-Philippe Gillet, Intelsat's RVP of sales for Europe and the Middle East.
"By hosting both DTT and DTH services, which complement each other with differentiated content, Intelsat 12 is clearly the satellite of choice for media distribution over Bulgaria," he added.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Skyrocketing Energy Prices Are Worse than Pandemic and Will Stay Longer
- » Census 2021 in Bulgaria: Beware of Scams!
- » Bulgaria's Energy and Water Regulator under Fire over Two-fold Increase in Power Prices
- » National Protest on Tuesday to Block intersections and Border Crossings, Will Stop Buses
- » Inflation Is Something Normal in Times of Economic Recovery
- » SANS and Interior Ministry Inspect Energy Watchdog