Operator Strands Bulgarian Tourists in Turkey
Some 40 tourists from Bulgaria have found themselves in a limbo in Turkey, after their tour operator failed to pay the hotels they are staying at.
The tourists were informed by hotel representatives Wednesday that they must either leave immediately or pay the remainder their stay through Saturday.
The Bulgarians had already a booked flight back for Saturday, which they had paid to their tour operator, as they had already also paid their stay through Saturday.
Apparently the operator - Bulgarian company On Travel - had not transferred the funds to the relevant hotels, as claimed by their representatives.
The Bulgarian tourists have tried to contact the company, but could not reach its Bulgarian office, while their Turkish representative only said he is sorry and they will have to pay their stay.
Bulgarian vice-minister for tourism Ivo Marinov said he is aware of the case and that the ministry is doing its best efforts to manage the situation.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Restart of the Winter Season in Bulgaria: Heavy Snow and many Tourists in Pamporovo and Chepelare
- » Wizz Air announced New Route from Bulgaria to Armenia
- » Wizz Air with 77% Growth in Passenger Flow in Bulgaria for 2022
- » Mexico deported 27 Bulgarian Tourists in the span of 3 Months, Some were Kept in Cells for 4 Days
- » Snow finally Covered the Tracks in Pamporovo
- » Bulgarian Hoteliers are coming up with Alternative Activities for Skiers in Anticipation of Snow in the Winter Resorts